Broccoli Kishke Kugel
2 large, peeled carrots
1 potato, peeled
1 large onion (my twist, 2 leeks caramelized and cooled)
1 1/2 cup matzo meal
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 bag 16oz frozen broccoli
2 spoonsful mayonnaise
1/2 package onion soup mix
1) In a food processor, pulse the carrots, potato, and onions to a medium grated consistency.
2) In a medium bowl add in the matzo meal, salt, paprika, and pepper.
3) Mix with all the processed vegetables.
4) Bake for 1/2 hour at 350 F.
1) Steam broccoli.
2) In a medium bowl combine steamed broccoli, mayo, egg and onion soup mix.
3) Pour on top of baked bottom layer and bake for approximately 1/2 hour, or until browned and bubbly.
Can be made ahead of time, cut into portions and reheated in microwave safe dish.