Caramel Chocolate Tart
Prepared piecrust in the refrigerated section
10 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange liqueur
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Caramel sauce, homemade or store bought (I buy the best quality store bought)
1. Turn prepared piecrust out in a fluted pie pan and use your hands to press it into the bottom and sides of dish.
2. Bake shell for 15-20 minutes on 350F., or until golden brown, then remove from oven and set aside. Lower oven temperature to 325º F.
3. Pour jar of caramel sauce over crust and set aside.
4. Combine heavy cream and milk in a large saucepan over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until bubbles start appearing around the edges.
5. Add in chopped chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth, then (while continuing to whisk vigorously) mix in eggs, vanilla and orange liqueur.
6. Once mixture is completely combined, pour into cooled pie shell and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until center is just set. Remove from oven if surface starts to bubble or crack.
7. Garnish with sea salt evenly over tart.