Cole slaw with cranberries and nuts
2 (10 oz.) bags shredded cabbage
2 large carrots, shredded
1/2 red cabbage, shredded
2/3 cup mayonnaise or 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon celery salt
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
2 tablespoons slivered almonds or sunflower seeds (optional)
1. Mix cabbages and carrots in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice, until combined.
3. Stir in sugar, dry mustard and celery salt, cranberries and nuts and mix until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
5. Pour dressing over cabbage and carrots and toss so that everything is thoroughly coated.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.