Cranberry Onion Brisket
1 (4-5 pound) beef brisket ( I take off a lot of the fat)
1 bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can whole cranberries
2 large onions of your choice (I use Spanish, sliced thick to lay on bottom of roaster)
*I double this recipe if I'm serving a lot of people or 10-12 lbs of brisket. Remember it shrinks.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large roster, place thickly sliced onions over the whole bottom, place brisket ontop of sliced inions. The roaster should have a cover or use foil to cover tightly.
3. In a medium bowl, combine dressing, soup mix, and cranberries. Pour over brisket and cover.
4. Cook for 3 to 4 hours, or until brisket is extremely tender. Brisket will get very dark/caramelized; this adds flavor, and doesn’t mean that you have overcooked it.
5. I uncover the brisket after a few hours to baste and check for tenderness. You don’t have to turn it over.