CREAM OF COCONUT CAKE
1 box yellow butter cake mix (I used Gluten Free) Add 1 teaspoon coconut extract even if not stated on box. For GF add 1 teas. vanilla and 1 teas. coconut extracts.
1 14 oz can creme of coconut
1 14 oz can Eagle Brand milk
1 teaspoon coconut extract
8 oz. Cool Whip
12 oz sweetened coconut, toasted
*It seems like a lot of cream mixture, but use it all.
1) Bake yellow butter cake mix by directions on box in 13x9x2 pan. (add 1 teaspoon coconut extract even if not stated) A gluten free cake mix can be replaced. (Use 1 teaspoon vanilla and one teaspoon coconut extracts with GF recipe)
2) While cake is hot, pierce with fork throughout cake.
3) Combine can of cream of coconut, can of Eagle Brand milk and coconut extract pour over cake.
4) Cover and refrigerate.
5) When cake is cool, spread with 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
6) Store in refrigerator. Overnight is best for flavors to combine.
7) Sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving.