Peach Praline Crumble Pie
4 cups peeled, sliced peaches (4 medium ripe)
1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pecan pieces
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie shell
Preheat oven to 450°F.
1) Line a baking sheet with foil.
2) In a large bowl, combine 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches (4 medium ripe peaches), 1/2 cup sugar, 3 1/2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Let stand for 15 minutes.
3) In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 cup pecan pieces. Using your fingertips or a fork, cut in 4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter until mixture is crumbly.
4) Sprinkle 1/3 of praline mixture over bottom of 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell; cover with peach mixture. Sprinkle remaining praline mixture over peaches.
5) Place pie on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes longer.