Portillos Chocolate Cake with my twist
1 box Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake
1 cup ice cold water
1 cup mayo
*1 package instant chocolate fudge pudding, my twist (makes it richer in flavor and moister)
2 cans chocolate frosting, any brand
1) In a medium size bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, mayo and pudding on low speed for 30 seconds, and then mix on high for about 4 minutes.
2) Split the batter evenly between the two cake pans.
3) Place in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until a tooth-pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
4) Allow the cakes to rest for about 5 minutes, then transfer them out of the pans, and onto wire cooling racks to cool for about an hour.
5) Place one of the cakes on a plate and spread about 3/4 of one jar of frosting on the top of the cake. Place the second cake on top and use the remaining frosting (1 1/4 jars) to coat the top of the cake, and the sides.