Whipped Cream Pudding Cake with strawberries
FOR THE CAKE:
1 package (18.25 Oz. Box) Yellow Or White Cake Mix
1 package (4-serving Size Package) Instant vanilla pudding mix (optional, my twist)
1-⅓ cup water
4 whole large eggs
½ cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 small container strawberries halved
FOR THE FROSTING:
16 ounces, tub of cool whip
1 package (4-serving size package) vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon or dash rum extract (optional, my twist)
1) Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, vanilla and oil in a large mixer bowl. Blend; beat at medium speed until well combined , about 4 minutes.
2) Pour into greased 8 or 9-inch cake rounds.
3) Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and fully cool on a rack.
4) Combine Cool Whip or whipped cream, pudding mix, and milk and (rum extract if desired) in a mixer bowl. Beat until thick.
5) Place bottom cake on decretive platter,frost the bottom cake and place most of the strawberries all over the frosting, place top cake on frost and cover with remaining frosting over top and sides.
6) Place strawberries in a decorative deign to your liking. (I place strawberries all around the edge of the cake and two in the center)